When it comes to productivity, everyone faces the same challenge; there are only 24 hours in a day. However, some people seem to have twice that amount of time and an uncanny ability to get things done.
They can reach their goals without fail. Here are six surprising things that highly productive people do differently.
- They Never Touch Things Twice. People who are highly productive, never put anything in a holding pattern, because touching things more than once is a massive waste of time. Don't save a phone call or email to deal with later. As soon as something grabs your attention you need to either act on it, delegate it, or delete it.
- They Plan for the Next Day Before They Leave. Highly productive people end their day by preparing for the next. This accomplishes two things. First, it helps you to solidify what you've accomplished, and then it ensures you'll have a productive tomorrow. It's the perfect way to end your workday and only takes a few minutes of your time.
- They Say No. Ultra-productive people aren't afraid to say no. When you can say no to a new commitment, you are honoring your existing obligations and giving yourself the opportunity to fulfill them successfully. Learning to say no will reduce stress, decrease burnout, and eliminate depression while increasing your productivity.
- They Have a Designated Time to Check Email. People who are productive don't allow their email to become a constant interruption. Along with only checking their email on a schedule, they take advantage of features that prioritize their messages by sender. They set alerts for their best customers and most important vendors, and they save the rest until they can reach a stopping point.
- They Avoid Multitasking. People who tend to multitask have more trouble organizing their thoughts and filtering out information that is irrelevant, making them slower at switching from one task to another. Highly productive people know that multitasking is a productivity killer and avoid doing it at all costs.
- They Put Technology to Work for Them. While technology catches a lot of flak for being a huge distraction, it can also help you focus. Productive people learn how to put technology to work for them. Along with setting up email filters to sort and prioritize messages, they also use productivity apps to set up alerts on their smartphones.
Implementing these strategies into your daily activities will help you become more productive and find that extra edge in your life.
I truly hope you like this article as much as I love writing it. It would be awesome if you might learn something new here to accompany your journey to freedom. So that's it for now and feel free to cruise on another post inside my website. Thank you!
At your service,
Freedom Cruiser Team