Whether it's at your business, your work, or at home, your level of productivity dictates how well you do the things that you want to do. However, no matter how productive you think you are, some things are slowing down your progress and limiting your productivity.
Chances are there are some habits that you may not be aware of that could be sabotaging your productivity. Here are five things that you could be doing the will dramatically decrease your productivity.
- Starting the Day Off in a Rush. If you always seem to be starting your day off in a rush, you are more likely going to try and make up time by taking shortcuts, skipping meals, or speeding to get to the office on time. This can leave you feeling flustered, frustrated and can ultimately affect your attitude for the entire day. To break this habit, work to get up on time, if not earlier so you can start your day off in a more calm and relaxed manner.
- Not Have a Plan for the Day. When you don't have a plan in place for your day, you become more inclined to work on whatever comes across your desk or comes to mind. If you start your day off checking your email, you are creating the illusion that you are better. To change this habit, use a calendar or productivity tool to plan out your day and week.
- Not Taking Regular Breaks. When you take regular breaks through the course of the day, you are generally more productive. This especially true as you approach the end of the day. Try taking a 30-minute break every two hours and notice how much more energy you have at the end of the day. Taking regular breaks is a highly effective way for you to stay productive for longer.
- Skipping Meals. Eating regular meals helps to energize our bodies so that we can be at our best. To sustain your energy levels, it is imperative that you eat the right foods at the right times during the day. Skipping meals will end up draining your energy level and focus.
- Multitasking. The practice of multitasking dramatically decreases our productivity because our brains are constantly switching from one thing to another making it unable to focus on one task. When you focus on one thing at a time, you become much more productive.
If you don't start working to eliminate these five bad habits, you will never be able to increase your productivity. Effectively breaking these habits will increase your productivity and allow you to be at your best.
I truly hope you like this article as much as I love writing it. It would be awesome if you might learn something new here to accompany your journey to freedom. So that's it for now and feel free to cruise on another post inside my website. Thank you!
At your service,
Freedom Cruiser Team